Dear R users,
I am happy to officially announce a new website called R-users.com. The idea of the site is that community members will invite other R users to join them in their R projects, conferences, and work places.
This site is a “job board” for R users, hosting various “call to action” to R-users, to do stuff such as:
- Join a open-source or paid projects of R programming
- Send/give a presentation for conferences (on R, statistics, machine learning, data science, etc.)
- Apply to be a student/researcher in an academic institution
- And other “R jobs”
For example, I am the author of the R package “installr” for easily updating R on windows. However, I would love for someone who is a mac/linux user to expend my package for non-Windows users. Hence, I created a new “job”, inviting help on this project, which you may see in this link.
If you also wish to post your own “R job” for other R-users to see, here is a very short presentation on how to do it:
The basic steps are:
- Register/login to the site (you can use your facebook/gmail account with just one click-registration)
- Fill in your proposed project/job details
- That’s it!
I intend to promote this site on r-bloggers.com, please help me in promoting this site on facebook and your own websites – so that more of us will be able to work together.